"My body, my choice" only makes sense when someone else’s life isn’t at stake.
Fun fact: If my younger sister was in a car accident and desperately needed a blood transfusion to live, and I was the only person on Earth who could donate blood to save her, and even though donating blood is a relatively easy, safe, and quick procedure no one can force me to give blood. Yes, even to save the life of a fully grown person, it would be ILLEGAL to FORCE me to donate blood if I didn’t want to.
See, we have this concept called “bodily autonomy.” It’s this….cultural notion that a person’s control over their own body is above all important and must not be infringed upon.
Like, we can’t even take LIFE SAVING organs from CORPSES unless the person whose corpse it is gave consent before their death. Even corpses get bodily autonomy.
To tell people that they MUST sacrifice their bodily autonomy for 9 months against their will in an incredibly expensive, invasive, difficult process to save what YOU view as another human life (a debatable claim in the early stages of pregnancy when the VAST majority of abortions are performed) is desperately unethical. You can’t even ask people to sacrifice bodily autonomy to give up organs they aren’t using anymore after they have died.
You’re asking people who can become pregnant to accept less bodily autonomy than we grant to dead bodies.
reblogging for commentary
But, assuming the mother wasn’t raped, the choice to HAVE a baby and risk sacrificing their “bodily autonomy” is a choice that the mother made. YOu don’t have to have sex with someone. Cases of rape aside, it isn’t ethical to say abortion is justified. The unborn baby has rights, too.
First point: Bodily autonomy can be preserved, even if another life is dependent on it. See again the example about the blood donation.
And here’s another point: When you say that “rape is the exception” you betray something FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN about your own argument.
Because a fetus produced from sexual assault is biologically NO DIFFERENT than a fetus produced from consensual sex. No difference at all.
If one is alive, so is the other. If one is a person, so is the other. If one has a soul, then so does the other. If one is a little blessing that happened for a reason and must be protected, then so is the other.
When you say that “Rape is the exception” what you betray is this: It isn’t about a life. This isn’t about the little soul sitting inside some person’s womb, because if it was you wouldn’t care about HOW it got there, only that it is a little life that needs protecting.
When you say “rape is the exception” what you say is this: You are treating pregnancy as a punishment. You are PUNISHING people who have had CONSENSUAL SEX but don’t want to go through a pregnancy. People who DARED to have consensual sex without the goal of procreation in mind, and this is their “consequence.”
And that is gross.
This is probably one of the best commentaries I’ve seen for prochoice.
Waiting for Steam Powered Giraffe’s MKIII to finish downloading. I MEAN FUCKING COME ON!
So apparently you can make this little thing called salt glitter.
Basically, you like put food coloring on salt and cook it and then when it’s ready, it becomes salt glitter.
Do you even realize how many spn creatures are affected by salt? You could go around throwing this shit at demons all like
you’re home alone
suddenly you hear knocking
you open the door:
"excuse me, have you accepted bottom!derek as your personal lord and saviour?"
This is how me and my would-be soul mate would flirt
This is actually how Took flirts.
Please watch this video it’s so important.
WHAT IN THE FUCK
Is this an actual fucking product?
OMG. OMG. I’M DYING! EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO. THE WHOLE VIDEO!
i dont play assassins creed, but is this like the entire plotline or something??
This is literally all you do in the game
I hope this will be helpful to you guys! Have fun painting!
-Gif of the tutorial work progress (best viewd in Firefox)
Also I just come back to ask that if you would like a commission sometime soon I’d really appreciate it because the sooner I get some extra money the sooner I we can get some propane for the farm.
So yeah if any of you are looking for little christmas gift drawings or something that’d be great.
Actually if you guys haven’t ever looked at mrslizard’s art then i’m surprised considering I often reblog it.
1. The Foreknowledge Fiona. The Foreknowledge Fiona has vast stores of intuition that are never wrong. She just knows to hide information from somebody who’ll turn out to be a bad guy later on. The giant monster’s weak spot is easily guessable for her. All of the author’s knowledge about the plot is hers to command. It often manifests itself in little impulses that always work out.
2. The Solver Sarah. If there’s a puzzle that a large tribe of people have been working on for thousands of years, expect the Solver Sarah to stumble upon the answer with no help in an hour. This might be acceptable once, but the Solver Sarah will then proceed to find the culprit behind a string of murders all by herself. She seems to be a staple of detective series. Remember: the more people who are working on finding something, the less likely your protagonist will be the one to do so.
3. The Obsessed Oswald. The Obsessed Oswald is only bad in a cast of similar characters. The author has decided that when they give a character a trait such as “likes cereal,” the character must then love cereal with a passion. Everything the Obsessed Oswald likes, he loves. Everything he dislikes, he hates. It’s fine to have one character like this, but the Obsessed Oswald usually likes to bring his other obsessed friends along for the ride.
4. The Correct Carl. The Correct Carl lives only to give sage advice. The magical sage advice he gives is always right. When characters follow the Correct Carl’s advice, it works out well for them. When they don’t, they get in trouble. Unless you’re writing about Jesus himself, nobody is going to give the right advice 100% of the time. The Correct Carl is at his most annoying when he works as a relationship counseler or matchmaker.
5. The Quiet Quinn. There is nothing at all wrong with having quiet, introverted characters. To accurately represent humanity, some of your characters should be quiet. The problem arises when you portray introversion as inherently better. The Quiet Quinn is always smarter than his loudmouth companions. He’s able to notice things that they miss. He’s more polite and more caring. Often, the Quiet Quinn will only really open his mouth when there’s a wise figure around to ask questions to, because the Quiet Quinn is also more curious than those idiot extraverts he has to put up with.
6. The Dark Damien. The Dark Damien tries to fit the dark and brooding character profile, but he doesn’t actually have anything to brood about. His past was pretty nice. Instead of just cheering up because he has a pretty good life, he broods about philosophy. This is always a bad idea. If your character broods about philosophy and has a bad past, that’s fine. If it’s just philosophy, you’ve created a Dark Damien. Unless you go to great lengths to portray him as just a whiny emo, you’ll create an annoying character who’s really hard to like. People can sympathize with a whiny emo. Many people were whiny emos at one point. I don’t think there’s anybody who can sympathize with a legitimate, serious dark and brooding character with nothing to actually brood about.
7. The Evil Ella. The Evil Ella doesn’t just run an evil empire and hate the heroes. She also steals pocket change and draws dirty pictures on bathroom walls. The Evil Ella is rumored to be a cannibal as well, and she keeps a whole room full of small, furry animals just so she can punch them when she feels bad. There comes a point when if you made your bad guys do any more bad things, they’d become funny instead of scary. This is to be avoided.
8. The Dialog Diana. Oh, no! There’s a battle happening, but nobody’s around who’s not fighting so that it can be talked about! Call the Dialog Diana! The Dialog Diana is like a second narrative voice. She talks about all of the stuff that should be conveyed in the narrative. The Dialog Diana voices her opinions on everything, right as it’s happening. She turns books into plays.
I keep getting on tumblr to look something up and as soon as it loads I immediately forget what I was going to look up. I’ve done this like 12 times already.
enjoy this 8 page comic i drew in 1 day and inked in 2.
no one who knows me in real life would ever believe all the fluffy romantic comics I draw;;;
alternate title is: I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ON DWARF BEARDS
Oh my God this is adorable.
This is the cutest, sweetest thing I’ve seen in forever. Oh god, just leave me here to melt in gooey, caramel-y puddles of joy.
collections that are raw as fuck ➝ zuhair murad f/w 2011-12
I do not know. I will ask.
When Neil indulges fans nerdiness. I love it. Also new fonts? Sign me up!